Thursday, August 26, 2010

Introducing baby Ambrose!!!





We had a beautiful natural labor experience at the Brooklyn Birthing Center. I was supported by Ethan, one of our midwives and 2 Doualas. We labored on the birthing ball, in the birthing tub, walking and on the bed. We grew as a family and felt supported, centered and empowered. The midwife made the call to transfer to the hospital around 5am and prepared us for the fact that we would probably not be pushing baby out. Baby's head was simply stuck...it hadn't begun to mold to the pelvis, was very round, tilted to one side and showed no signs of budging. Our primary midwife Asya was there at Maimonides Hospital (which is just about 10 minutes away from our home) and stayed with us through everything. After a few more hours of laboring at the hospital, we all made the very wise decision to go ahead with the c-section, what we all trusted was the safest option for baby and mommy. I was given an epidural around 11am and baby was born at 12:21pm. Asya and Ethan held my hand through the entire procedure and the greatest reward I could have ever imagined was waiting for me on the other side...baby Ambrose, my sweet sweet joy. The happiest, most thrilling day of my life. Born August 23, 2010 at 12:21pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment