Friday, March 12, 2010

My FABULOUS ESL Class!


My ESL students surprised me last night with a b-day/ baby shower party. They were soooo extremely generous, going way beyond anything I'd ever expect.
Teofilo, my older Polish student, handed me a handwritten letter to 'Mrs Teacher'...
Jasmin, who has a 2year old son Christopher that loves to sit on my hip on and off during the end of class (he's at the adjoining child care until 15mins before the end of class), brought in food and a card signed by Christopher.
There were earrings for me and some really nice things for baby, not to mention a huge guava flavored white cake and tons of snacks they sent me home with. We sang Happy Birthday AND (of course) Las Mañanitas:)
I was totally taken aback by them...people amaze me. It was almost too much...
At work (at ERDA) we were in a program managers meeting when the talking suddenly stopped and they carried out a huge platter of cupcakes and started singing happy birthday...I was looking around to see who else was having their birthday celebrated...it was a huge surprise and my co-workers got a kick out of seeing me so dumbfounded. They all signed a nice card as well. Awesome!
I got some beautiful birthday messages from friends and family and an e-card from my friends at the community center in Nicaragua.
Ethan made my favorite for dinner-cob salad with a splendid key lime pie made from scratch for dessert.
The whole day was simply divine... still savoring how good people were to me. It was more than I could have imagined. *sigh* I love people.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous picture and splendiferous day! There is often a cloud of love around you, Sarah! It's obvious why! Enhorabuena, Felicidades, LOVE!
    mes

    ReplyDelete