Saturday, February 13, 2010

cupcakes everlasting



I decided to experiment a bit with cupcake recipes for the night ESL class I teach at my YMCA's New American Welcome Center. Being the class before Valentine's day I opted for lemon cake with raspberry butter cream frosting. Anticipating a large order, (to accommodate my 23 students+2 year old who comes in for mom after daycare closes at 9pm+ a few left over for me and ethan-which should go without saying) I decided to double the ingredients...well I must have lost the specifics involved with the original recipe-which I assumed was for a dozen give or take- as we ended up with a whopping 48 cupcakes. We've been plugging away at them and plan on gifting what we can. If you're in the neighborhood, don't be alarmed if we force-feed you cupcakes ("please-take-another-bite!!!") They're tasty but they're also taking over the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment